Friday, April 18, 2014

Ricotta Cookies





Ricotta Cookies



2 sticks of margarine or butter (I use butter)
1 3/4 cups of sugar
1 tspn salt
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
3 eggs
1 lb ricotta
2 tablespoons anise flavoring (we don't like anise I use vanilla)
4 cups flour


Mix all ingredients for dough together until well blended. The dough will be sticky do not add more flour sometimes I add a little to my fingers so it doesn't stick so much!
Now you can do this a few ways you can do like balls or Easter eggs like I did or you can shape dough into 4 loaves, approximately 1 foot long 2-3 inches wide. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes, Cool frost cut into strips or frost the little cookies and decorate.


Frosting
1 cup confectionery
sugar
2 tablespoons half half

No comments:

Post a Comment